Insurance for US and Canadian Diplomats
Global Insurance Solutions for Government Employees and Contractors
As a US or Canadian diplomat moving to or living in a new country, you have unique insurance needs to protect you and your family.
Clements Worldwide has been a leader in international insurance for the Foreign Service community, government agencies, and contractors for nearly 75 years and we continue to provide priceless peace of mind in all corners of the world. With customized coverage options available in more than 170 countries, your car, household effects, health, and more will be protected while you perform your important work overseas.
Why take the risk of using separate companies to ship your auto and household effects to your various posts? We’re experts in international insurance. Handling the worldwide insurance portfolios of ambassadors, diplomats, and foreign service officers is what we do. We take the stress out of converting your insurance coverage from country to country as you move around the world for your missions abroad.
Customizable MissionsAbroad® Coverage
Whether in transit or at post, our continuous coverage ensures that you and your possessions are always insured – from the US, to your new country, and back home again.
We’ll work with you to ensure you have the protection you need. And if you bundle Auto and Household Effects, you’ll receive a multi-policy discount.
Our coverage is borderless. Rest assured that your vehicle is protected regardless of where you are in the world. If you’re currently stateside, our domestic car insurance makes it easy to get auto coverage in the United States. When you’re abroad, you can count on Clements Worldwide’s international auto insurance to provide physical damage coverage with optional excess liability protection.
Submit your information and get a quote for car insurance:
- Same day cover
- Complimentary windshield replacements
- All-risk collision and comprehensive protection
- Clements’ car insurance coverage can travel with you to other countries
- Damage to your car resulting from riots, strikes, terrorism, and other perils are covered through Clements’ exclusive Political Violence insurance extension
- In some countries, physical damage and local third-party liability coverage can be bundled together, eliminating the need to source a local policy in your new country
- Option to include Excess Liability which is an additional layer of liability on top of the locally required, in-country Third Party Liability insurance
- Uninterrupted transit coverage for your car is automatically included for government clients at no extra cost, from departure from one country to arrival in the next. Claims are denied due to gaps in transit coverage so our policy keeps you protected. You won’t have to remember the effective dates of your coverage or guess when you should start or stop coverage.
- The US government may provide some coverage for your vehicle in transit, but only if your vehicle is lost or totaled. Your policy with Clements covers it all, even partial loss such as scratches or mold. In fact, the US government recommends that you obtain private insurance to cover your property overseas as well as for transit.
Home and Property
As you move throughout the world, Clements Worldwide helps protect your home and personal belongings. We offer Household Effects coverage during transit and when you arrive at your new destination. It also protects your property while you’re abroad and provides optional storage coverage for the items you leave behind. We also offer homeowners, renters, and landlord insurance for when you return to the US. If your items are lost or stolen, we offer full replacement cost coverage, as well as no-fault medical coverage in the event a guest is injured on your property.
Complete the form and get a quote for household effects insurance:
- Full value replacement cost paid on claims for damaged, misplaced, or stolen items
- Complimentary personal liability protection with every Clements Personal Property policy
- All-risk transit and at-post coverage that protects your items for the entirety of your overseas stay and throughout your return trip home
- Includes insurance that protects your property in your home country while you’re abroad
- For Americans abroad, we offer homeowners, renters, and landlord insurance for property in the US. If you rent your property to tenants while posted overseas, we ensure you have adequate and correct coverage
- All of our international personal property policies cover you from All Peril, which includes theft, vandalism, fire, and breakage
- Scheduled Coverage protects high value items such as artwork, computers, cameras, and jewelry, and there is no deductible in the event of a loss
- Because transit coverage of your personal property is included for government employees, any potential claims won’t be denied due to gaps in coverage
Accident and Disability
Clements Worldwide offers high limit disability insurance that is supplemental to the coverage provided by your employer. You may have coverage through your employer, but is it enough to cover you if you’re unable to work for an extended period of time? Our insurance covers loss of income should you become temporarily or permanently disabled. This protection is available in high-risk and conflict areas and there are no exclusions for war or terrorism.
Submit your details and get a quote for disability insurance:
- Up to 10 years of temporary disability coverage
- Broad disability coverage for injury and illness, including workplace related cases
- Clements offers disability coverage in high-risk locations that many of our competitors exclude
- Own-occupation coverage: This means that if you become disabled, you’ll receive the disability benefit if you are unable to perform your current occupation. Most disability policies won’t pay out unless you are entirely unable to work, even if it’s a different occupation. With this Clements policy, you’re covered
- If you are unable to work at your current occupation, our Temporary Total Disablement (TTD) coverage enables you to receive a monthly benefit up to 60% of your current monthly salary
- Our Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) coverage provides a lump sum benefit if you’re unable to return to your occupation
Our international health insurance provides affordable, customizable health coverage that you can take wherever you go. Whether you’re working in an overseas office or planning to live abroad, Clements Worldwide offers a high quality, uniquely designed health insurance program that offers unparalleled medical benefits designed to travel with you. We also offer travel health insurance for your friends and loved ones who visit you while abroad.
Your health insurance quote is just a few clicks away:
- Annual health benefits starting at $1 million USD
- Coverage that moves with you around the world
- Choice of plan providers: Instant coverage with Expat Global if you meet the qualifications or Cigna if you have pre-existing conditions
- Flexible payment plans with discounts available if you pay quarterly or annually
- Deductible options: The initial amount you must pay before we pay your claims
- Cost share options: The percentage of each claim which you must pay after your deductible has been paid, up to your out-of-pocket maximum
- Add optional modules including international outpatient care, international medical evacuation, international health and wellbeing, and international vision and dental care
Clements Worldwide provides global life insurance, which means financial security for your family should anything happen to you. Knowing your loved ones are financially protected due to a catastrophic event while you’re abroad can bring you peace of mind. In partnership with Unilife, our comprehensive life insurance policies will keep your loved ones financially sound.
Complete the form and get your life insurance quote:
- One to 30-year terms available
- Coverage ranging from $50,000 to $6,500,000 or currency equivalent
- Transactions can be done in your choice of currency: USD, Euros or GBP
- All causes of death covered including accident, illness, and natural causes
- Beneficiaries can receive an additional lump sum with an add-on Accidental Death benefit
- Guaranteed issue plans up to $500,000 with no medical evaluations required, if you qualify
- If you become unable to work for six months or more, your premiums are waived until you return to work
- While your employer may offer some life insurance, often it is not fully adequate coverage to provide for your family in the event you pass unexpectedly so our supplemental plans can be a worthwhile investment
We look forward to contributing to the success of your missions abroad by finding the best insurance solutions for you and your family.