Car Insurance in Kenya
There is so much to see and explore in Kenya. Make the adjustment to your expat life easier by getting comprehensive car insurance in Kenya that protects you and your family.
In Kenya, you are legally obligated to have both physical damage and third-party liability protection for your vehicle. Your quote from Clements Worldwide provides you with comprehensive car insurance rates in Kenya that include both third-party liability and physical damage under one policy.
Coverage with Clements also includes protection from the misfortunes of collisions, repairs, damage, theft, breakdowns, and towing related charges.
Get your car insurance quote for Kenya
How Does Car Insurance Work in Kenya?
If you’re an expat living in Kenya and are planning on driving, you legally must be covered with both physical damage and third-party liability protection. Clements comprehensive car insurance in Kenya ensures you’re complying with the law, while also offering protection from a range of other misfortunes.
With Clements car insurance, you don’t need a Kenya residency or previous experience driving in the country. Plus, all insurance brokerage is provided through the US and UK – so your policy is in English and making a claim is quick and easy.
What's Covered by Comprehensive Car Insurance in Kenya?
Key Insurance Features & Benefits
Your car insurance policy for Kenya will protect you against collision, theft, damage, and even political violence. It includes the following features and benefits:
- Complete car insurance solution: For expats residing in Kenya, including third-party liability protection and physical damage coverage
- Borderless coverage: Car insurance for expats is our specialty. That's why we offer coverage worldwide so you & your vehicle can seamlessly cross borders anywhere and still be covered - some exclusions apply
- Political violence coverage: If your car is damaged from riots, strikes, terrorism and other perils, you are covered through Clements’ exclusive Political Violence insurance extension, included with your policy
- First accident forgiveness: Mistakes can happen. Your car insurance premium doesn’t have to go up and your rate will stay the same even afterwards
- Protection against uninsured motorists: In some parts of Africa, studies have shown that about 65-70% of vehicles on the roads are uninsured. With uninsured motorist coverage you won’t be liable for repair costs due to uninsured, underinsured, and even hit-and-run drivers
- Home country rental car insurance expense reimbursement: We cover the cost of rental car insurance for $12/day up to 21 days when renting a car in the US, Canada, or your home country
- Towing and Labor Reimbursement: up to $100 USD per disablement, up to $300 USD per policy term
- Transit Coverage: all risks from departure to arrival available for government clients only
- Optional Coverage for Duty Expenses: Saves you money when you need to import a replacement vehicle or parts to repair your damaged car
Get a quote that will match your insurance needs
As a baseline, in Kenya you are required by law to have liability coverage for any bodily injury and or property damage. This policy, provided in partnership via a local Kenyan insurer surpasses the basic legal requirements to drive on the road with the following coverage and protection limits.
Benefit amounts in local Kenyan Schilling:
- Third Party Bodily Injury: 50,000,000
- Third Party Property Damage Limit: 30,000,000
- Passenger Legal Liability (Per Passenger): 5,000,000
- Passenger Legal Liability (Per Event): 30,000,000
- Covers the following geographical areas of East Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, & Burundi
Note: if traveling outside of Kenya you are required to purchase COMESA (Common Market for East & South Africa) insurance, commonly known as the “Yellow Card” that covers liability across these countries.
What happens if your local third party liability coverage is inadequate to cover the other party in the case of an accident With excess liability, licensed drivers are covered for liability amounts surpassing your TPL coverage from bodily injury and/or property damage to others.
- Choose your coverage limits: starting from $500,000 USD $1,000,0000 USD in additional coverage, anywhere in the world
- Backed by the best: Our international car insurance is underwritten by underwriters at Lloyd’s of London
Clements Worldwide’s physical damage car insurance is provided through Lloyd’s of London and is designed specifically for expatriates. Our third-party liability insurance is provided through AIG, in partnership with the WorldSmart Association.
Diplomat | Kenya
We have been dealing with your company since 1980, while on postings overseas. This is the first claim that we have made. I now know from experience, why you have such a fantastic reputation in the expat and diplomatic community.
Global Organization | Kenya
I have been using Clements since 2006 and I am really happy with my decision. The wonderful, prompt support that I get from the Claims department is really appreciated. After an accident, the last thing you want are problems with your insurance company, but there are no worries with Clements. I wish Clements and its professional team the best of luck. Thank you!
NGO | Kenya
Thank you very much for your usual prompt support. It is really a pleasure working with you and Clements. I am very happy that I decided to use Clements as my insurer.