Auto Insurance Worldwide
Our international auto insurance offers you peace of mind with truly global and borderless coverage. You can customize your policy with Physical Damage coverage and Excess Liability protection. Our claims are handled in-house with a commitment to quick and efficient processing, plus outstanding customer care. All claims are paid in USD or other major currencies.
- Physical Damage: your car is protected in the event of collision, theft and damage as well as political violence
- Excess Liability: you’re covered for liability resulting from bodily injury and/or property damage to others
Benefits + Features
Our international car insurance policy protects against collision, theft and damage, even political violence. It includes the following features and benefits:
- Borderless coverage: we specialize in car insurance for expats. That's why we offer worldwide coverage so you & your vehicle can cross borders anywhere and still be covered - some exclusions apply
- Protection against uninsured motorists: you won’t be subject to costs (mechanical or cosmetic) caused to your vehicle by uninsured, underinsured, or even hit and run drivers
- Political Violence Coverage: if your car is damaged from riots, strikes, terrorism and other perils, you are covered through Clements’ exclusive Political Violence insurance extension, included with your policy.
- Accident Forgiveness: Your rate stays the same even after your first accident
- Home Country Rental Car Insurance Expense Reimbursement: we cover the cost of rental car insurance for $12/day up to 21 days when renting a car in the US, Canada or your home country
- Covers Towing and Labor Reimbursement: up to $100 USD per disablement, up to $300 USD per policy term
- Windshield Replacements Included
- Transit Coverage: all risks from departure to arrival available for government clients only
- Optional Coverage For Duty Expenses: Saves you money when you need to import a replacement vehicle or parts to repair your damaged car
Ever wonder if your local third party liability coverage will be enough? With excess liability, licensed drivers are covered for liability resulting from bodily injury and/or property damage to others that would otherwise result in a gap in coverage.
- Choose your coverage limits: starting from $500,000 USD $1,000,0000 USD in additional coverage, anywhere in the world.
- Backed by the best: Our international car insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s of London.
What does Excess Liability coverage do?
Excess Liability is a supplemental limit of liability (usually $500,000 or $1,000,000) that is stacked on top of the local third party liability coverage and provides additional coverage for bodily injury and property damage. This insurance begins as soon as you take out the policy and also covers property damage, whereas the local policy does not.
*Additional Terms & Conditions: 1. A deductible applies. 2. A standard war exclusion applies. 3. Coverage is excluded while the automobile is in Canada, Iran, and North Korea.
New international driver? Explore our top 4 tips for driving abroad to ensure you are fully prepared.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most countries require vehicle owners to purchase third-party liability policy to cover any damage caused as a result of a car accident. In the U.S. or U.K., these policies typically have very high limits, so you’re generally protected. But you might not be so well provided for in other parts of the world, especially if policy limits are under $500,000 USD or are payable in potentially unstable currencies. The Clements Worldwide Excess Liability Policy protects you against low coverage and is payable in US dollars and other major currencies.
This is just another term for an excess liability policy.
A physical damage policy will protect you against the cost of vehicle damage from an accident or theft. Third-party liability policies cover your costs against injury and property damage of others, including potential legal expenses.
Yes, Clements Worldwide will compensate you for damage to your vehicle caused by the negligence of an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. This is subject to your deductible.
Unlike many other insurers, Clements car insurance policies automatically include Political Violence protection. This additional benefit covers damage to your vehicle as a result of riots, strikes, terrorism, sabotage, malicious damage, insurrection revolution, rebellion, or war.
Yes, we provide car rental reimbursement for up to USD 30 per day for a maximum of 10 days if your claim is covered under a Physical Damage policy.
We offer two coverage options – USD 500,000 or 1,000,000.
Transit coverage is only available for active duty military or individuals employed by their home government. It compensates you for any damage to your vehicle when shipped overseas or sent home. It covers any damages from home port to host country port.
Yes, and many times drivers can be added without increasing your policy premium. Call us at 1.202.872.0060 or 1.800.872.0067 and have available the full name, driver’s license number, and date of birth of anyone you wish to add.
No – auto and property policies are two distinct policies, however we do offer multi-policy discounts. If you want to protect property in your home or apartment from damage, such as computers, lost electronics, cameras, cellphones, jewelry, or art, then you’ll need to buy a personal property policy. It will also provide protection if someone is hurt on your property.
An auto policy only covers damage to your vehicle and any liability claims from physical harm to a person or damage to another vehicle or property caused by your vehicle.
Yes, one of the primary features of our worldwide auto policy is that you have borderless coverage across the globe. There are only a couple exceptions including North Korea and Iran.
Clements Worldwide pays out vehicle claims on a depreciated basis, meaning the vehicle lessens in value about 1% per month from the purchase date and price (some exceptions apply based on make and model of the vehicle). This is subject to your deductible.
If your vehicle is less than one year old, you can choose to get claims paid out based on the purchase price by purchasing a guaranteed value add-on.
Yes, if you have made changes to the vehicle that add to its value, send us the receipts and we can increase the documented purchase price for the vehicle. This will affect the amount of any future claim.
Multi-policy discount at your fingertips
Interested in saving some cash? You can qualify for a multi-policy discount when you bundle your international car insurance with any of our other products. Learn more about international personal property insurance and loss of income coverage to see if they make sense for you.
Get your worldwide car insurance quote now
$100 (select policies)
Policy includes protection against: Riots, Strikes, Acts of Terrorism, Sabotage, Malicious Damage, Insurrection, Revolution, Rebellion, War and/or Civil War.
$30/day; maximum of 10 days.
$12/day; maximum of 21 days.
Available in your home country, including the United States & Canada.
$100 per disablement, $300 per policy period.
$2,000 per person in your vehicle, per accident.
$15,000 per person; $45,000 per accident.
All-risk, from departure to arrival included (available for government employees only).
Coverage excluded when vehicle is within the United States, Canada, Iran, North Korea, or the insured home's country.