Why Choose Clements
We’re an insurance broker that’s committed to helping you, your family, and your organization protect what matters most, whether at home or abroad. Our story of providing international coverage to expats and global organizations began in 1947 with the creation of the first expatriate program exclusively for the U.S. Foreign Service. Over 70 years later, we are proud to serve clients in over 170 countries from our offices in Washington D.C., London, and Dubai.
- Independent broker with the best interest of the customer at heart
- Coverholder status with authority to operate and bind on behalf of the underwriters
- Unparalleled access to global insurance markets
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of the industries we serve
- Premier provider of insurance solutions for diplomats and expatriates
Global Leader in Providing Customized Solutions
- Exclusive solutions through our binder products and market relationships tailored to customers’ needs
- Innovative programs providing cost effective and broad coverage for the customer specific needs
- Cross border global solutions for individuals, partners, and companies
High-Risk Coverage Expertise
- Subject matter expertise in understanding high-risk coverages
- Proven and unparalleled experience writing in high-risk countries and industries in emerging markets
Facts & Figures
- Founded 1947
- 4 global offices: Washington DC, London, Dubai, and Brussels
- Best Practices award recipient 11 consecutive years
- “A-rated” company by A.M. Best.
- Coverholder at Lloyd’s of London
Clements History of International Insurance
In 1947, Robert Clements and M. Juanita Guess-Clements founded an insurance company in Washington D.C. Over the past 70-plus years, Clements Worldwide has grown from a domestic insurance business into a global insurance solutions provider.
This growth is attributed to Clements’ legacy of providing customized solutions for its valued clients. This extends back to the company's early days when it created the first expatriate insurance solution for the U.S. State Department. At the time, international insurance was not provided to State Department employees. Clements eliminated this gap by creating a solution that would provide U.S. Foreign Service officers with coverage while overseas on a mission.
Over the years, Clements became the preferred insurance provider to overseas personnel. In the late 1970s, the company expanded beyond the Foreign Service community by serving expatriate clients and organizations around the globe.
In 1981, the founders' son, Jon B. Clements, joined the firm. As current CEO and Chairman, Jon leads the company with the same entrepreneurial spirit of the company’s founders.
Today, Clements continues its legacy today by providing clients with customized personal and commercial insurance solutions from its Washington D.C., London, Brussels, Amsterdam, and Dubai offices.