Political Evacuation and Salary Continuation Insurance
In a world of political and financial uncertainty, it is important to understand and manage your organisation's potential risks. Multinational organisations and their staff members face many unknown perils. Additionally, unforeseen political events outside your home country can cause your organisation to evacuate. The average cost of evacuating a single employee can climb as high as USD 50,000.
In the event of an accident or if the need for urgent medical attention arises overseas, Clements' Political Evacuation insurance policy will provide transport coverage to the nearest capable medical facility in case a local medical center is not able to provide adequate treatment. The policy ensures that you will be able to receive the best possible medical treatment.
Clements Worldwide offers a unique program designed for the international business community. Our Political Evacuation & Salary Continuation program is designed to protect international organisations and their staff from unforeseen financial consequences associated with the evacuation of personnel due to political instability or military confrontation.
Political Evacuation & Salary Continuation Insurance provides coverage when:
- Employees are expelled or declared persona non grata
- Wholesale seizure, confiscation or expropriation of insured property
- Evacuation advisory is issued due to political or military event
- Organisation in conjunction with the Response team can make the decision to evacuate, it does not necessarily have to be ordered evacuation by the US State Department or British governments in order for coverage to respond.
Call us today at +44(0) 33 0099 0103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your organisation’s needs.
- Benefits & Features
- Case Study
Benefits & Features
Clements Political Evacuation and Salary Continuation insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's and coverage includes:
- Emergency Evacuation to the nearest safe location
- Costs associated with returning to host country in order to restore business operations
- Salary Continuation offers financial assistance during tumultuous events
- Customized coverage limits
- Personal property coverage (item left behind)
- No policy deductible
- Worldwide coverage
- High limits
- Repatriation and Relocation per insured person
- Unlimited consultant expenses
Case Study: Political Evacuation for International Schools in Libya Handled Successfully
Skilled experts from Clements will proactively identify unforeseen risks to help protect your organisation. In February 2011, political violence broke out in Libya forcing faculty and students to evacuate from international schools for their safety. Thanks to the Clements Political Evacuation and Repatriation insurance policy, the evacuation was handled successfully.
Just months before the evacuation in December, Clements worked closely with the schools in Libya to develop a comprehensive coverage policy, spending years monitoring the situation in Libya. As Clements’ underwriters and consultants reported a deteriorating political situation in the country, Clements advised school directors and teachers about their coverage plans and political evacuation polices in the event of a political meltdown.
Clements also advised school directors on risk assessment strategies for determining if a project would be worth the potential damages incurred in a political upheaval. Through Clements’ Political Evacuation and Salary Continuation Insurance policy, international schools in Libya were fully prepared for the evacuation.
Here are some articles on how to protect your organisation from political evacuation