Expat Health Insurance GlobalCare
Ideal for individuals on international assignments or planning to live abroad for six months or longer, Clements Worldwide exclusively offers GlobalCare, a benefit-rich, yet affordable health insurance program for expatriates that provides superior coverage. Valid in over 170 countries, GlobalCare is portable and provides coverage across borders.
- Benefits & Features
- Coverage Chart
GlobalCare is an affordable health insurance program for expatriates that provides superior medical benefits, which include:
- Maximum benefit of $5 million per lifetime
- Ability to visit any provider or clinic – no need to worry whether your provider is in-network
- Emergency medical evacuation at no additional cost
- Free coverage for first two children under age 10 if both parents are insured
- Hospitalization, physician, surgeon, specialist fees, and prescription drugs
- Multiple Payment Options: annual, semi-annual, quarterly, and a 9 installment plan*
- Online or mobile claims submission - no need to mail forms, meaning faster turnaround.
- Guarantee of Payment to more than 6,000 providers worldwide, meaning providers are paid directly rather than paying and waiting for reimbursement.
- Preventative care including routine physicals, colonoscopies, mammograms, gynecological visits, and prostate exams
- Vision included; dental and orthodontia benefits available
- Optional coverage for accidental death & dismemberment and war & terrorism - related injuries
Need coverage in the United States and Canada? The provider network can be extended to the U.S. and Canada for an additional cost.
Limits and restrictions apply. Pre-existing conditions are excluded per the certificate terms. Coverage is excluded in restricted countries or sanctioned countries. Please call for more information
*All installment payments subject to tax and a per installment change. Installment plan requires 20% deposit of total premium and tax up front, with 8 additional installments.
|Deductible Options||Ranges from $250-$5,000 with a family limit at 3x the individual limit per calendar year|
|Maternity||Covered after 18 months of continuous coverage on the plan|
|Outpatient Prescription Drugs||
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||$250,000 maximum per occurrence (deductible does not apply)|
|Preventative Care Benefits||100% to a maximum of $400 per calendar year for wellness visits|
|Transplant Expense||$500,000 maximum per lifetime|
|Vision||$150 per 24 months|
|Home Health Care||
Who is eligible for the GlobalCare international health insurance policy?
Clements’ international health plan is available for expatriates residing outside their country of citizenship for at least 6 months per year who are under 75 years old.
How long will my application take?
On average, the application process takes 7 to 10 business days. However, Clements recommends applying as early as possible in case additional underwriting is required.
What is the process for obtaining GlobalCare international health insurance?
The first step is to fill out Clements’ secure online application form, which will then be reviewed by our underwriters. Once approved, you can expect to receive your policy documents soon thereafter.
Is there a GlobalCare plan that includes medical coverage in the United States and Canada?
You can choose to include this coverage as an extension to your GlobalCare plan. With this option you have coverage in the United States and Canada up to 6 months but not more than 90 consecutive days.
What is a “deductible”? What are the deductible choices with GlobalCare?
The “deductible”, or “excess”, is the out-of-pocket contribution that each policy member is required to pay in a calendar year before benefits kick in. GlobalCare offers a choice of deductibles, from $250 to $5,000. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium.
Can I keep my GlobalCare coverage if I move to another country?
Our GlobalCare plan is portable. You will be covered even if you move to another country other than your country of citizenship, excluding the U.S. and Canada.
Can I keep my GlobalCare coverage if I quit my job?
Yes, you do not need to be actively at work to qualify for GlobalCare
If I need medical treatment, does GlobalCare provide advance guarantee of payment?
Yes, GlobalCare offers guarantee of payment for a hospital visit or a medical procedure if the medical provider agrees to this payment method. This would be arranged ahead of time with our claims department. You have the freedom to choose any licensed provider in the world. Alternatively, we have a network of recommended providers available to you.
How do I file a claim?
We have an electronic claims system, so that you will not have to mail original invoices or receipts to our claims department. To access the electronic claims system simply register your account per the instructions included with your policy documents. Also, multilingual claims specialist are available around the clock 24/7 to assist. You can also submit claims through our mPassport mobile app.
What is a pre-existing condition?
A pre-existing condition is a medical condition for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatments were recommended or received in the last two years.
Does GlobalCare international health insurance cover pre-existing conditions?
No, however conditions that fall outside of the definition above may be covered, dependent on underwriting approval. To determine if this is the case for your situation, please submit an online application for review.
Does this plan meet the requirements of the United States Affordable Care Act (“ACA” or “Obamacare”)?
GlobalCare is designed for expatriates living and working outside of the United States. As such, GlobalCare is not subject to the ACA.
Is GlobalCare available in anything besides annual terms?
GlobalCare is only offered in annual terms - though we do offer payment options of 9 installments, quarterly, and semi-annual payment plans. Should you decide to cancel your GlobalCare policy before the annual term is up, you can be refunded up to 6 months of premiums.
Here are some tips and guides on international health insurance:
- Top 5 Factors that Fuel Disease Outbreaks & How to Protect Yourself
- The Importance of a Global Health Plan to Address Tropical Diseases
- How to Obtain International Health Insurance with Pre-existing Conditions
- Top 5 FAQ about International Health Insurance Plans
- 5 Ways to Compare International Health Insurance Plans
- How to Qualify for Healthcare in Europe
- Recommended Vaccinations for the 10 Most Common Expat Destinations
- Continued Focus on Malaria Prevention can Yield Positive Results