Defense Base Act Insurance (DBA) Workers’ Compensation Insurance
What is DBA Insurance?
All U.S. government contractors and subcontractors working abroad are required to have Defense Base Act (DBA) workers’ compensation insurance to cover injury or illness to employees.
The DBA applies to any employee, regardless of nationality, who:
- Works for the private sector on U.S. military bases or overseas on lands or in territories used by the U.S. for military purposes; or
- Works on public work contracts with any U.S. government agency, including construction and service contracts in connection with national defense or with war outside the U.S.; or
- Works on overseas contracts approved and funded by the U.S. under the Foreign Assistance Act; or
- Works for American employers providing welfare or similar services outside of the United States for the Armed Forces; or
- Is a subcontractor (Prime Contractor is responsible for ensuring that the subcontractor has required DBA insurance).
The DBA Insurance You Need at the Best Price
Clements works as an independent international broker and has access to all leading DBA insurers to find the best policy for your organization.
Submit our application and you’ll get quotes from all the top DBA insurance providers.
We offer affordable, comprehensive DBA insurance coverage and support at the time of claims that includes:
- Statutory workers’ comp benefits paid to employees, their dependents or medical providers in case of job-related fatalities, injuries, or illness
- Benefits are paid regardless of employer’s responsibility for the injury or illness
- Employer’s liability coverage for suits arising from work-related injury or illness, including negligence claims
Clements can help you find the right DBA solution at the right price.