International Personal Effects Insurance
International Personal Property Insurance
Our international personal property coverage provides protection for your belongings during a move, while traveling, or while inside your home abroad.
With our All Peril coverage, they will be protected if they’re:
- Stolen, etc.
Policies are customized based on your needs, whether you’re already expatriated or still planning your move. Destination coverage is designed for expats who are already living abroad, or you can choose to include transit coverage with All Risks if you’re still in the process of relocating to your new destination.
Benefits + Features
Benefits and features include:
- Comprehensive Protection: Every Clements International Personal Property policy provides coverage against All Peril, including theft, vandalism, ﬁre, and breakage.
- Full Replacement Cost: We won’t depreciate or just pay cash value for your damaged or lost property like other insurers. We even cover breakage.
- No Gaps in Coverage: You won’t be left wondering if your items are still covered throughout their journey, or yours. Your items are protected from the moment they are shipped from your home and throughout transit. Coverage extends to the entirety of the overseas stay and throughout your return trip home.
- Protection against All Risks®: We guarantee that your personal property is protected regardless of what may happen during its journey to your new destination.
- Zero-Deductible for High Value Items: Get Scheduled Coverage for your valuables such as artwork, computers, cameras, and jewelry, plus pay no deductible in the event of a loss.
- Free USD 500,000 Personal Liability Protection: Every Clements Personal Property policy includes free personal liability coverage, so you are protected in case someone is injured while on your property or if damages impact others. Personal Liability protection includes USD 500,000.
- USD 10,000 included for Identity Fraud Reimbursement: Coverage for legal and communication expenses, associated with defending an identity fraud claim against you by ﬁnancial institutions, removing incorrect judgments or challenging consumer credit rating.
- Backed by the best: Our property insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s of London.
* Limits and restrictions apply. Subject to certain country restrictions. Coverage is excluded in the United States and its territories and possessions in addition to Iran and North Korea.
Additional Terms and Conditions: Unscheduled coverage is limited to $2500 coverage in the aggregate per loss for unscheduled jewelry, precious stones, watches, furs, silver, objects of art, computer equipment, camera and photographic equipment, musical instruments (except pianos), golf equipment, stamp and coin collections and other similar valuables. Refer to Scheduled Coverage section for proper coverage of these items. A standard war exclusion clause applies. No recovery is available for losses caused by wear and tear or gradual deterioration.
Volunteering with the Peace Corps or VSO?
Our coverage is designed to meet the specific needs of international volunteers serving around the globe. Our international personal property program provides reliable coverage for all your valuable possessions while you are transferred to your post and throughout your journey.