Training & Development Specialist
- Job Title: Training & Development Specialist
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: Washington, DC
- Reports to: Training and Development Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Requisition #: 20-0001
- Date: February 5, 2020
Collaborate and assist the Training & Development Manager with all company-wide training initiatives that drive a high performance culture while meeting strategic goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
- Support the T&D Manager with the creation of training manuals, online learning modules, course materials, and other training resources as needed.
- Write, edit, proofread and organize training content and assessments for instructor-led and eLearning courses.
- Create a positive learning environment and facilitate trainings (in-person and remote) that will engage and motivate participants to be successful, take ownership, and develop a life-long learning philosophy.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop course content.
- Assist with the creation and dissemination of training evaluations.
- Attend product meetings and keep up to date on industry trends, product enhancements, procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling, tracking attendance, and creating reports.
- Manage user accounts and course assignments in the Learning Management System.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements; provide recommendations regarding revisions to programs and/or procedures and offer innovative solutions to problem solving.
- Conduct various research and analysis as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Training or related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum five (5) years instructional design experience in a corporate environment.
- Experience applying various training theories and principles such as the ADDIE model (or similar) process.
- Facilitation of in-person and remote training.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to develop and maintain trusting relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Organization and prioritization skills, multi-tasking and managing various projects simultaneously while being detail oriented and meeting deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, takes initiative and ownership of responsibilities.
- Works effectively independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong detail-orientation with the ability to read, interpret and explain various concepts.
- Is willing and able to travel as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Previous Property & Casualty and/or Life & Health insurance experience.
- Experience designing, developing and/or facilitating technical systems training.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Captivate (or similar) tools.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; include “Training & Development Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities