Staff Accountant, Finance
- Job Title: Staff Accountant
- Department: Finance
- Reports to: Sr. Manager, Accounting & Finance
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Date Posted: September 10, 2020
- Requisition#: 20-0016
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports. He/she will complete reconciliations and analysis, prepare journal entries, review accounting classifications, and process invoices in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The Staff Accountant will take part in the monthly close process, working with the internal business and internal and external service providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
- Participates actively in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close processes and assists with 1099 annual filings.
- Maintains the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules.
- Develops and maintains capitalization policies.
- Manages employee credit card charges and advances and records related journal entries.
- Processes accounts payable from receipt of the invoice to coding and account payment.
- Accrues and pays sales and use tax.
- Maintains vendor files including W9 and W8.
- Records benefit journal entries.
- Prepares and posts accrual, prepaid and adjusting journal entries.
- Prepares and analyzes account and bank reconciliations and follows up on all reconciling items.
- Contributes to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Prepares aggregate reports for carriers.
- Prepares various production and carrier aggregate reports for external and internal use.
- Researches and follows up on internal and external accounting inquiries.
- Responsible for issuing carrier and other insurance related payments.
- Filing of E&S Taxes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting or Finance or related; or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum five years’ full life-cycle recruitment experience recruiting entry to executive level and hard to fill positions.
- Extensive experience with conducting phone and in-person interviews.
- Extensive experience with both traditional and non-traditional methods of recruiting.
- Experience with developing recruitment strategies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Working knowledge of common accounting concepts and practices including debits/credits and chart of accounts.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills. proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong focus in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- High level of accountability and takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Meticulous attention to details and accuracy.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Knowledge of basic insurance concepts
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and take initiative.
Please send a resume to email@example.com; include “Staff Accountant” in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.