Senior Account Analyst - Insurance
- Job Title: Senior Account Analyst – Insurance
- Requisition #: 20-0013
- Department: Commercial Insurance
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Commercial Insurance Client Services
- Date: June 26, 2020
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply in-depth knowledge and understanding of our various insurance products and perform risk evaluation on new and renewal business and report finding to the senior management.
- Perform initial analysis of exposure, loss and coverage for the underwriter and make recommendation(s), if any.
- Support the underwriter and agent/broker with highly responsive service by managing the workflow of moderate to complex account work from clearance through policy issuance.
- Deconstruct submissions by identifying, gathering and entering information into systems, pricing tools and models; flagging referral triggers, and initiating/managing requests to internal service providers.
- Compile statistical data, analyze the same, and develop solutions or find alternative methods of proceeding after discussing with senior management.
- Evaluate and design insurance policies and products by analyzing clients’ needs and make recommendation to the senior management on best solutions.
- Ensure junior Account Analyst(s) gather, analyze and ensure the accuracy of pricing and proposal information (rating and pricing tool output, proposal language, coverage forms and endorsements, financial and legal agreements and offer / disclosure / election forms) used by the underwriter to complete the coverage review, hazard analysis, pricing strategy, and proposal.
- Oversee post-sale account management workflow, including initiation of billing, policy issuance, acquisition of account agreements and file documentation. Review pre-renewal communications via conditional/non-renewal notice draft when necessary.
- Supports the underwriter with mid-term account reviews / stewardship, ongoing service, service planning and endorsements.
- Master’s degree in Management or Business Administration.
- Position requires fifteen (15) months of work experience in Insurance industry performing the following: analyzing business cases, reviewing insurance proposals, and resolving client issues; taking decisions using strong analytical skills; selling various Insurance products related to general insurance company; vetting quotes provided by the underwriting team; and managing large client database.
- Position requires fifteen (15) months of work experience using MS Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Position requires knowledge of: Framing & Analyzing Business Problems; Communicating Business Decisions; Marketing Research; and Pricing Policies.
Please mail resumes to: Donna Gregg, Director, Global Human Resources, Clements Worldwide, 1301 K Street NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the most remote regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.