Personal Insurance Account Exectutive
- Job Title: Account Executive
- Department: Personal Insurance
- Reports to: Manager, Personal Insurance
- Location: Washington, DC
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Date: November 9, 2020
- Requisition#: 20-0028
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Contribute towards the delivery of Personal Insurance business objectives through the execution of sales strategy by handling inbound and outbound contacts with existing and potential customers. Identify customer needs and consult on the appropriate foreign/domestic, property/casualty and life/health product to meet those needs. This position requires managing a significantly high volume of inbound phone calls and emails.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to)
- Responsible for inbound and outbound sales.
- Retain and sell new business to existing customers.
- Develop new prospects and turn them into long term customers.
- Service and manage existing accounts.
- Respond to complaints and satisfactorily resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Adhere to company service standards and protocols by consistently meeting department and personal sales goals.
- Responsible for reviewing all new business applications, collecting new business premiums and collecting on aged receivables.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience
- Minimum of one year of proven insurance sales experience
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand insurance policies
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office and Excel
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE
- International client experience
- Organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Call center experience