Human Resources Manager
- Job Title: Manager, Human Resources
- Department: Human Resources
- Reports to: Global HR Director
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Date Posted: August 15, 2019
- Requisition#: 20-0018
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The HR Manager will lead and manage the successful delivery of day-to-day activities across several HR functional areas such as: payroll and benefits administration, talent acquisition, onboarding, employee events, performance management, and HR compliance. In addition, he/she will collaborate with the Global HR Director in other HR discipline areas (employee relations, policy development and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and manage HR Associate and Corporate Recruiter.
- Manage and oversee HR functional areas including, but not limited to payroll and benefits administration, recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, HR compliance, and performance management.
- Conduct employee relations investigations and liaise with Global HR Director to determine most appropriate resolution.
- Develop and implement innovative HR solutions, best practices, and process improvement.
- Manage HR vendor relationships and negotiate terms.
- Manage open enrollment process to include effective communication and necessary education to employees.
- Develop job descriptions.
- Manage employee leave programs, disability, FMLA, and Workers Compensation claims in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Assist the Global HR Director in benefit plan design, development and implementation of policies, and other HR initiatives.
- Partner with Global HR Director and Leadership Team in fostering and reinforcing a unified culture that inspires a culture of excellence and our I-CARE values.
- Stay current on trends, best practices, regulatory changes, employment law, and ensures compliance.
- Prepare and maintain various HR metrics.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 7 years work experience as an HR Generalist / Business Partner, including solid employee relations and benefits administration.
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop staff.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and execute strategies drive HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Ability to relate, influence, and coach employees at all levels in the organization.
- Effectively manage cross-functional projects and initiatives and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to challenge convention and provide solutions in ambiguous and changing situations.
- Understand business objectives and recommend new ideas.
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
- High level of accountability and ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
- SHRM-CP/SCP and/or PHR/SPHR certification.
- Working knowledge of Paycom and ADP.
Please send a resume to email@example.com; include “Manager, HR" in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities