Manager, Accounting & Finance
- Job Title: Manager, Accounting & Finance
- Department: Finance
- Reports to: Sr. Director, Finance
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Requisition #: 19-0029
Manage and oversee all day-to-day financial and accounting responsibilities to include, accounts payable and receivables, cash receipts, cash management, reporting, compliance, and all other fiscally related duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to) the following:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of accounting including but not limited to, A/P, A/R, cash receipts, reconciliations, month and year-end close for all Clements global entities.
- Responsible for cash management, and all banking related transactions including performing international wire transfers, and ACH payments.
- Responsible for handling all disbursements, including vendor and carrier payments, client refunds, employee expenses and check requests.
- Prepare, review, and deliver timely and accurate financial processing, and various reports including financial statements, cash management, compliance, analysis reports, commission statements, and as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain cash flow analyses as needed.
- Prepare and file the year-end 1099 and 1098.
- Prepare and file state Sales & Use tax.
- Manage and maintain the entire cash receipt process including the credit card in flows.
- Reconcile all balance sheets including intercompany and some income statement accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain general ledgers and sub ledgers, oversee the GL account analysis, and prepare recurring and other journal entries.
- Maintain and process the internal and external sales commissions and payments.
- Process employee reimbursements, including managing employee credit card expenses and reconciling corporate credit card accounts.
- Process new customer credit references and assign credit limits and terms.
- Respond to all accounting and finance inquiries in a timely manner and with the highest level of customer service.
- Process month-end close and transfer balances from all brokerage systems to the accounting systems.
- Maintain professional banking relationships.
- Develop internal audit scope and implement them.
- Assist with financial audits and reviews performed by third parties to ensure accuracy and proper justification of financial records.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts as needed.
- Create and maintain various policies and procedures to improve internal controls and documentation purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience with at least two (2) years of management experience in a financial or related capacity.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to lead and further develop team to success.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated ability to anticipate and proactively identify issues and problem solve
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deliverables.
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills to effectively communicate financials.
- Demonstrated ability in taking ownership and initiative of responsibilities and executing them to meet business needs and deliverables.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
- CPA certification or a CPA candidate.
- Working knowledge and experience in application of GAAP.
- Previous insurance industry experience.
- Knowledge of EPIC and Sage.
- Previous accounting software experience
Please send a resume to email@example.com; include “Manager, Accounting & Finance” in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities