International Business Developer
- Job Title: International Business Developer
- Department: Partner Solutions
- Reports to: Director, Partner Solutions
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Date Posted: September 23, 2020
- Requisition#: 20-0020
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The International Business Development Manager is responsible for generating revenue by bringing new distribution partners and affinity groups on board, as well as maintaining a favorable relationship with and maximizing revenue opportunities from assigned existing partners. Partners may include a variety of organizations such as financial institutions, online and traditional retailers and service providers, and other centers of influence, including specialty brokers. Opportunities will mostly involve international programs, a core strength of Clements Worldwide, and would require regular engagement with individuals and organizations from a diverse array of industry segments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to)
- Take ownership of individual sales responsibilities to source, research, generate and convert prospective opportunities into revenue generating partnerships;
- Reach or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual premium and revenue targets within defined territory/channels; Maintain favorable relationships with assigned existing partners and maximize revenue generated from these partnerships;
- Launch new and existing products throughout designated territory/channels/partners;
- Work closely with colleagues from various departments to design, execute and manage partner-specific marketing campaigns and lead generating activities;
- Work with underwriter partners to develop new products/programs as necessary;
- Actively contribute to the Partner Solutions strategy, departmental goals and ad hoc projects;
- Assist and work with the Partner Solutions Client Servicing Team to ensure effective customer service and operational processes are designed and executed in order to ensure maximum partner and client satisfaction;
- Perform periodical business reviews with managed partners to ensure continued engagement and to keep them informed about program performance on an ongoing basis;
- Travel to prospecting events and client/partner sites as necessary, including internationally;
- Engage colleagues, peers and company leadership as active listeners and contributors;
- Travels both internationally and domestically 25% to 40% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in insurance sales, with a proven track record;
- Possesses insurance licenses (P&C and L&H).
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Ability to demonstrate poise and professionalism;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally;
- Ability to negotiate and close deals effectively and efficiently;
- Results driven; demonstrates the ability to thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE
- Experience in international insurance, risk management, financial services or professional services industry;
- Experience with, or in, emerging markets.
Please send a resume to email@example.com. Include “International Business Developer - Partner Solutions” in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.