Director, Commercial Insurance
- Job Title: Director, Commercial Insurance
- Department: Commercial Insurance
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Reports to: President
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Requisition#: 19-0007
The Director, Commercial Insurance provides overall leadership of the Commercial Insurance practice area. This includes delivery of new business, retention and account rounding objectives through a diverse team of commercial brokers, account managers and associates. A member of the overall leadership team for the U.S. profit center, the director is accountable for the attainment of financial goals and human capital development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
- Overall accountability for establishing and delivering the Commercial Insurance revenue budget, while maintaining direct operating costs in line with company expense ratios.
- Set overall sales strategy including the maintenance and acceleration of our market share in key segments, such as international education, aid and development, among others.
- Develop strategy for the acquisition and long term retention of new customers.
- Lead overall account management and service delivery activities, ensuring best-in-class customer service and retention outcomes.
- Launch new and existing products throughout designated markets in conjunction with overall U.S. leadership team.
- Accountable for preparing, communicating and delivering against sales forecasts, customer retention and account rounding targets.
- Prepare and communicate detailed performance reporting for Commercial Insurance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop and adhere to predictable premium and revenue forecasts by product type by market segment.
- Cost control and management of related expenditures and budget and adherence to prevailing company policies.
- Ongoing management of commercial client management and prospective sales using Salesforce CRM system or prevailing processes, such as renewal cycle management.
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of Commercial Insurance operating processes.
- Development and adherence to detailed sales and marketing strategy yielding sustained results.
- Analysis and synthesis of data in order to create credible business cases for prospective customers and internal decision making, as needed.
- Launch planning and execution of new products launched throughout commercial insurance market.
- Development, communication and adherence to minimum operating standards (MOS), if any.
- Preparation of rigorous business cases, briefs and strategies.
- Engagement with customers’ leadership team, managers and staff worldwide in realizing risk management solutions, customer retention and innovation targets.
- Actively lead Commercial Insurance strategy, cycle plan, campaigns and ad hoc projects.
- Direct management and development of the Commercial Insurance practice area and team members.
- Direct professional development and stewardship of talent and leadership development.
- Overall leadership over the operations and strategic development of the Commercial Insurance practice area.
- Ensure the development and commercial customer agenda remains a topmost company concern.
- Foster innovation best practices and feedback at all organizational levels.
- Engage colleagues, peers and company leadership as an active listener and contributor.
- Work actively with company divisions on the operational realities for existing and prospective commercial clients.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Licensed in Property and Casualty and Life and Health.
- Minimum 10 years in related insurance industry with at least 5 years leadership experience with profit and loss accountability.
- A proven track record in sales and sales leadership and development.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; include “Director, Commercial Insurance” in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities