Commercial Lines (CI) Sales Manager
- Job Title: Commercial Lines(CI) Sales Manager
- Department: Corporate Marketing
- Reports to: Sr. Director, Commercial and Partnership Sales
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Date: December 1, 2020
- Requisition#: 20-0022
SUMMARY OR THE ROLE
The CI Sales Manager will manage the day to day operations and accountability of the Commercial Lines sales team. He/she will work collaboratively with the Senior Director Commercial and Partnership Sales, taking high level strategy and converting it into tactical, revenue generating activities, helping the department and company to meet and exceed their goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to)
- Joint accountability for delivering the Commercial revenue budget, while maintaining direct operating costs in line with company expense ratios.
- Cost control and management of related expenditures and budget and adherence to prevailing company policies.
- Management and development of the Commercial practice area and team members.
- Develop premium and revenue forecasts, by product and industry type, through data analysis and trend identification.
- Help identify new and enhance existing products.
- Responsible for preparing and communicating sales forecasts, customer retention figures and account rounding targets.
- Development and adherence to detailed sales and marketing strategy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience with technical expertise in one of the following: international insurance, risk management, financial services or professional services industry.
- Minimum of two (4) years of experience managing sales teams.
Active license in P&C and L&H.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role with proven success.
- Ability to drive sales growth and implement processes to meet or exceed overall performance goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present, influence, and sell effectively.
Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Results focused with the ability to consistently drive financial value to Clements.
- Demonstrates poise and professionalism and thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekend, and extended hours if needed; travel up to 45% of the time (domestically and internationally).
- Strong proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to coach, develop, and drive sales team to success.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering client-focused solutions.
- Experience with emerging markets in highly competitive and complex environments.
Please send a resume firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.