Chief Growth Officer
- Job Title: Chief Growth Officer
- Department: Corporate
- Reports to: President and CEO
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Date: October 6, 2020
- Requisition#: 20-0023
SUMMARY OR THE ROLE
The Chief Growth Officer provides strategic direction and overall leadership for the global sales and marketing functions across the company to drive revenue growth, profits, and talent development. This role is responsible for maintaining exceptional relationships with existing clients by developing winning strategies to expand current solutions offerings while identifying, pursuing, and capturing new market opportunities. The Chief Growth Officer is accountable for the attainment of financial sales goals. This includes the development, implementation, and execution of the overall sales and growth strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to)
- Leads and oversees the sales and marketing globally, ensuring activities and financial goals in their respective segments are met;
- Overall accountability for establishing and delivering the revenue plans, while maintaining direct operating costs in line with company expense ratios;
- Develops sales and marketing strategies to ensure effective positioning of insurance products and services;
- Instrumental in finding and executing on new business opportunities: new countries, products and distribution channels;
- Develops strategy for the acquisition and long-term retention of new customers;
- Launches new and existing products throughout designated markets in conjunction with global leadership team;
- Acts as a champion for the sales and service teams to drive activity, holding sales leaders accountable for performance and business activity: new business and retentions while improving the customer service experience and perpetuating a positive and collaborative work environment;
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with new and existing underwriters and key, strategic clients;
- Prepares and communicates detailed performance reporting on a periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual, depending on the case) basis;
- Develops and adheres to predictable premium and revenue forecasts by product type by market segment;
- Oversees and manages costs, related expenditures, and budget, adhering to prevailing company policies;
- Provides strategic insights to the officers group;
- Develops future sales and marketing leaders.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college;
- Holds an active license in Property and Casualty and Life and Health;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in related insurance industry with at least 10 years leadership experience with profit and loss accountability;
- A proven track record in managing and developing successful insurance sales teams.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills;
- Strong underwriting experience and background in marketing;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to balance and steer multiple tasks and priorities with flexibility and adaptability.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE
- Strong working knowledge of middle and large market P&C products and strategies and has existing relationships with commercial brokers within the market.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Chief Growth Officer” in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.