Business Systems Analyst
- Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
- Department: Information Technology
- Reports to: IT Manager
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- FLSA Status: Full Time
- Date: October 29, 2020
- Requisition#: 20-0021
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for eliciting the business requirements of the customer to assist in determining new product offerings, product changes, workflow enhancements, and solutions to business problems. He/she is responsible for requirements development and requirements management in accordance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. This individual will act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams. The Business Systems Analyst must have the ability to plan, develop, and execute project plans to ensure timely delivery of solutions and must have knowledge and experience in industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to)
- Capture business requirements and provide quality documentation of detailed user requirements for the design and development of software applications;
- Convert business requirement to technical requirements and translate them to user cases or user stories;
- Ensure requirements are traceable for the testing team and understandable for the development teams;
- Design wire frames, graphics, and screen mock-ups;
- Participate in usability evaluations and understanding of user-centered design;
- Work with both the business and the technical sides to ensure the requirements are understood and executable;
- Plan, arrange, and control meetings, workshops and relations with user staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work;
- Perform systems testing and quality assurance activities to ensure that technology solutions deliver quality products;
- Develop project plans and manage and prioritize tasks to keep project on track;
- Act as the primary interface to the business and other technical teams;
- Guide and coach the business stakeholders through the requirements gathering process;
- Facilitate workshops required to understand and outcome, detailed requirements, and solution behavior;
- Provide clarification and act as a point of reference for business requirement inquiries by solution design and project delivery teams;
- Perform other business analysis duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent experience;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in a business analysis capacity, preferably in software development;
- Minimum four (4) years of project management experience including development of project plans and managing deliverables.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES
- High competency in requirement management methodologies with a strong emphasis on customer service both internal and external;
- Strong understanding of technical and functional requirements practices and solutions;
- Experience and working knowledge of working of Agile, Waterfall, and other software development methodologies;
- Working knowledge of business analysis principles and methodologies;
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to capture requirements and resolve issues;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to work simultaneously on a number of assignments when required;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Proactive and results-driven orientation. High degree of professionalism and strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; tactful and effective customer communications.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Agile development methodology
- Scrum master certification
- Guidewire InsuranceNow (SurePower)
- PMP certification
Please send a resume to email@example.com and include “Business Systems Analyst” in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.