International Business Developer, London
- Job Title: International Business Developer
- Department: Commercial Insurance
- Reports to: Commercial Sales Manager
- Location: London
- Status: Permanent
- Date Posted: June 2020
- Requisition#: 20-0014
Our International Business Developers work hard to provide our clients with the best products and they aim to establish Clements Worldwide as a preferred international insurance provider among large and middle market clients. As an International Business Developer, you will prospect for business to establish a book of new business using current market knowledge and contacts in combination with Clements’ resources and Account Managers to cross-sell and maintain high retention ratios and contacts within the marketplace.
You will also partner with other departments within Clements and utilise their resources to further sales. This role will give you the opportunity to act as a visible leader in the industry and establish Clements Worldwide as a preferred international insurance provider among large and middle market based clients with foreign insurance exposures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pursue and generate new client opportunities within the large and middle market client base
- Maintain relationships with prospects to result in closure
- Retain clients by maintaining relationships
- Partner with Account Managers to maintain and grow a book of business
- Meet annual sales goals and targets
- Design and implement sales programs, projects, and campaigns with assistance from marketing department
- Manage overall UK strategy in conjunction with the Commercial Sales Manager
- Absorb and reflect the strong corporate ethos and values of Clements Worldwide
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Evidence of proven insurance sales success
- Experience with organisations operating in emerging markets
- Ability to establish strong relationships with retail carriers and underwriters
- Experience working with Lloyd’s brokers and syndicate underwriters
- Flexibility to travel both internationally and domestically (25% to 40%)
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “International Business Developer - London” in the subject line of the email.
Clements Worldwide is the leading provider of insurance solutions to individual and commercial expatriates worldwide. A multiline insurance agency, Clements boasts of unparalleled market access and is one of the few U.S. insurance brokers that is a cover holder for Lloyd’s of London, the world’s most innovative insurance market. Clements operates along all lines of insurance including a range of proprietary life, health, property, casualty and specialty insurance solutions. Specialized in “insuring the uninsurable,” Clements has enabled international travel and expatriation to some of the remotest regions in the world, through our expertise in placing high-risk coverage. Clements insures 7 in 10 U.S. Foreign Service Officers, the Peace Corps, humanitarian agencies, and large multinational enterprises among other key sectors.
Clements Worldwide does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Clements International are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.